In this series, Today Builds Tomorrow, we’ll identify specific issues that we can act on locally, maximizing the beneficial outcome through thoughtful, attainable actions. We’ll present facts and the resources to back them up as we explore realistic options to address and solve the climate crisis that we have, through neglect or carelessness, created. By understanding how our daily actions increase or decrease our carbon footprint, we’ll learn to take responsibility for making sound decisions to improve the quality of life for all of the earth’s occupants.
Here’s a list of 6 things that you can do beginning today, that will have a dramatic effect on reducing your carbon footprint and help fight the climate crisis:
1. Put three drier balls in your drier.
They will reduce your drying time from 20% to 30%.
2. Sign up for Community solar.
Participating in using alternative sources of energy is effective and powerful.
Out in the world:
3. Bring reusable bags, non-plastic water bottles, cups, and utensils.
4. Eliminate herbicide and pesticide usage.
5. Swap traditional cleaning supplies with cleaner, plant-based alternatives.
6. Purchase toilet paper and paper towels made from recycled materials.
Congratulations — you are now a climate crisis fighter!